"God gives the world enough of what it needs....

...He just doesn't distribute it."

Wow!

Please read this post by Ann Voskamp about her mission trip to Guatemala with Compassion.

She shares this video at the end:



Come By Here (With Ann Voskamp) from Shaun Groves on Vimeo.


I have expected that our mission trip to Reynosa will affect me, but I have to be honest...I am somewhat afraid how much it will affect me.  I don't know that we'll ever be able to see the world the same way again...and I'm sure that will be a good thing.

We see the commercials for Compassion on TV.  We eventually become numbed to those sweet faces.  We see more and more people begging on the streets these days...and we just walk or drive by without a second thought.

I know that often the problem seems so huge and I seem so small.

And I'm sure that after the Mexico trip, I will be even more convinced of the hugeness and my smallness.

But oh, that my heart would break, as Ann's has, and that I would not even be able to buy an item of clothing without considering...

Is this a need?

So many are without.

...without being grateful for the "One Thousand Gifts" that God has given me.

...without opening up even more to the Holy Spirit's leading.

...without walking away unchanged.


Blessings,
Barb

No comments:

Post a Comment